“Có sức khỏe là có tất cả, không sức khỏe là không có gì” – câu nói này đặc biệt đúng trong trường hợp dưới đây, khi bạn mentor tại IPP đã phải đổi lịch thi IELTS chỉ vì “coi thường” các triệu chứng cảm cúm.
Cùng IPP đến với bài mẫu Speaking band 7.0+ dưới đây và theo dõi cách bạn ấy kể lại “kỷ niệm kinh hoàng” ấy trong phòng thi IELTS nhé!
- KINH NGHIỆM TỰ HỌC IELTS SPEAKING TỪ 5.5 ĐẾN 7.5 TRONG 4 THÁNG
- 7 LỖI SAI TRONG BÀI THI IELTS SPEAKING MỌI THÍ SINH NÊN TRÁNH
- ĐÁP ÁN MẪU BAND 7.0-8.0 CHO 20 ĐỀ IELTS SPEAKING KINH ĐIỂN
- TỔNG HỢP NHỮNG KÊNH YOUTUBE LUYỆN TIẾNG ANH SPEAKING HIỆU QUẢ
Đề bài: Describe a time when you were ill.
You should say:
– what this was
– what your symptoms were
– how long the illness lasted
– and say how it affected your life at the time.
It’s always been an unpleasant experience when getting sick, at least for me personally. Then it’d be even more unpleasant if you got sick right before an important exam, and it happened to me once.
It happened last year when I was about to take an IELTS exam that I caught severe flu. It was so serious that I had to cancel and reschedule the test.
Even though flu is not a really serious disease and can go away on its own, it’s still quite troublesome when it occurs. I got some symptoms about two days before the exam, but they were so mild and unnoticeable that I didn’t pay much attention and bother to take any medicine. On the first day, I just felt my throat a bit sore, like something was blocking it. There was nothing more serious than that for the next day. Then the night before the exam, I felt fatigued, and around midnight, I got a fever. That was the last thing I expected to happen right before such a big day. I took an aspirin to reduce the fever and tried to get back to sleep in the hope that everything would be alright in the morning. But it was not.
When I woke up in the morning, my head was pounding. What was worse was that my throat was so painful that I couldn’t say a word. That was when I realised I couldn’t make it to the exam and had no choice but to stay home.
After that incident, I became more attentive to health problems and would take immediate action when I sense anything wrong happens, minor or not.
– Written by Mentor from IPP ACA Team –
Từ vựng và collocations hay đã dùng:
– to catch flu (vp): bị cúm
– to reschedule (v): rời lịch
– go away (vp): tự khỏi (trong ngữ cảnh khi bị ốm)
– troublesome (adj): rắc rối
– a sore throat (np): đau/viêm họng
– fatigued (adj): mệt mỏi
– to get a fever (vp): lên cơn sốt
– to take an aspirin (np): uống aspirin (thuốc giảm đau)
– to reduce the fever (vp): giảm sốt
– pounding (adj): nhức đầu
– attentive to something (adj): tập trung vào giải quyết việc gì
– to take (immediate) action (vp): đưa ra hành động (ngay)