Khi ôn thi IELTS việc đọc bài mẫu điểm cao sẽ giúp chúng mình học thêm được rất nhiều điều hay: từ vựng, ngữ pháp, cấu trúc bài viết… Hôm nay, IPP muốn chia sẻ với các bạn một bài mẫu Writing task 2 band 7.0+ như vậy, viết bởi cô Hà Chi của IPP.
Ngoài ra, chúng mình cũng muốn chia sẻ với các học viên những từ vựng hữu dụng mà Hà Chi đã sử dụng trong bài viết band 7.0+ này. Hy vọng các sĩ tử IELTS sẽ học được nhiều điều bổ ích từ bài viết.
Nowadays, overweight is becoming a serious issue. Some people suggest the solution to this problem is to increase the price of fattening food. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
The problem of overweight is one of the most troublesome signs of deteriorating public health. Many people are suffering from obesity and some hold the opinion that the effective remedy is to raise the cost of unhealthy food. While I agree that this action may bring certain merits, one could argue that there are far more suitable solutions.
On the one hand, it is advisable to reduce the obesity rate by increasing fattening food’s price due to the correlation between fast food and health. Since people are living in a fast-paced society, fast food chains are becoming more ubiquitous and cheaper in order to satisfy customers’ demand. If the price of junk food goes up and nutritious options are more widely available, there is a likelihood that fewer people would opt for the unhealthy ones. Obviously, when the demand for fattening meals goes down, this can help minimize the risks of contracting obesity.
On the other hand, one would contend that a more drastic measure to combat the obesity crisis starts from the family. This is because parents should act as role models for children to imitate by cooking healthy home-cooked meals and make sure the whole family has sufficient physical activities on a daily basis. Mothers can substitute ready-made meals and fizzy drinks with food with less fat and sugary contents, fresh vegetables, or fruits. Moreover, the family can schedule a suitable timeframe to walk or play sports, which not only helps with weight control but also can tighten family bonds. As a result, it is undeniable that the effectiveness of the solution to impose a tax on fast food is pale in comparison to the proposed initiative.
In conclusion, it is true that obesity is growing at an alarming rate. Establishing a well- balanced eating habit from the family is proven to be more effective in handling this problem instead of focusing only on raising the price of unhealthy ready-made meals. Unless people take actions now, the younger generation shall be outlived by their parents and even grandparents.
Word count: 340
1. deteriorating public health (phr): sức khỏe cộng đồng đang đi xuống
2. effective remedy (phr): phương án hiệu quả
3. unhealthy food = junk food = processed food = fast food = ready made meals
(noun): đồ ăn nhanh/đồ ăn làm sẵn
4. correlation (n): mối tương quan
5. ubiquitous (adj): sự phổ biến
6. fast-paced (adj): nhịp sống nhanh
7. satisfy one’s demand (phr): thỏa mãn nhu cầu của ai đó
8. opt to (v phr): lựa chọn
9. contract (verb): nhiễm, mắc bệnh
10. combat (verb): chiến đấu, chống lại bệnh
11. role model (n): tấm gương
12. home-cooked meals (phr): đồ ăn nấu ở nhà
13. imitate (v): bắt chước
14. nutrient (n): chất dinh dưỡng
15. substitute (v): thay thế
16. fizzy drinks (n phr): nước uống có ga
17. sugary content (n phr): lượng đường
18. regular physical activity (n phr): hoạt động thể dục thể thao thường xuyên
19. on a daily basis (n phr): hang ngày.
20. Weight control (n phr): kiểm soát cân nặng
21. alarming rate (n phr): tốc độ nguy hiểm
22. outlive (v): sống lâu hơn