Những đề bài về chính phủ, tổ chức hay cá nhân như trên không phải là hiếm. Nhưng bạn cần chú ý: nếu đề bài có yêu cầu GIVE YOUR OPINION, thì bạn cần phải trả lời rõ ràng rằng mình AGREE với ý kiến nào.
Cách làm chi tiết cho đề bài này sẽ có trong bài mẫu band 7.0+ dưới đây, các bạn cùng tham khảo nhé!
Đề bài: Some people think that people should be given the right to use freshwater as they like. Others believe governments should strictly control the use of fresh water. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Phân tích đề
- Right to use as they like -> freedom in access to water; be provided free; unlimited use
- Strictly control -> impose restrictions; strict regulation on the use
- Fresh water -> clean, safe, affordable water
- The use of fresh water -> water availability, water management
Lập dàn ý
Access to clean water is widely regarded as a fundamental necessity in every human’s life, and its management has long been a major concern. In fact, opinions differ as to whether water systems should be run by state bureaucrats, or unlimited water should be provided to citizens. Considering the complexity of this matter, I would contend that there should be strict regulations on freshwater use.
On the one hand, the idea of unfettered access to fresh water sources is justifiable in a few aspects. This is primarily because water use is recognized as a human right. Lack of safe and affordable water would exert detrimental impacts on people’s health; thus, the water supply should be within reach of every ordinary person for personal and domestic uses. In addition, the universal right to receive water leads to the demand for non-discriminatory distribution of this resource to people around the globe. Supporters of free water usage argue that when something is not available to be charged, there will not be a conflict of interests that harm a specific group of underprivileged population.
On the other hand, there are more compelling reasons why authorities should impose some restrictions on freshwater management. One major cause is that water is a limited resource and is threatened by human industrial activities and climate change. If governments do not step in to control the process of safe water delivery, people might take it for granted, and this will soon be exhausted. Another concern is that people may procure water from unregulated sources that are dangerous to individuals and communities. To tackle this, over many centuries, governments charged citizens to gather and deliver water, which covered the costs of maintaining the water system and ensuring safety standards for drinking-water quality.
In conclusion, while some hold the view that water should be available with no limitation, I firmly believe that suitable government interference would be more beneficial for people’s access to water. It is recommended that citizens participate in the water management board to ensure that the right to water is properly enforced.
Từ vựng hữu dụng
- fundamental necessity (n): thứ thiết yếu cơ bản
- state bureaucrats (n): quan chức, chính quyền nhà nước
- strict regulations (n): quy định nghiêm ngặt
- safe and affordable water (n): nước an toàn và trong tầm với
- unfettered access (n) tiếp cận thoải mái, không có kiểm soát
- personal and domestic uses (n) mục đích sử dụng cá nhân và cho hộ gia đình
- non-discriminatory (adj): công bằng, bình đẳng, không phân biệt
- conflict of interests: xung đột về quyền lợi
- underprivileged (adj) thiệt thòi về quyền lợi
- exhausted (adj): cạn kiệt
- unregulated (adj) không được điều chỉnh, quản lý
- government interference (n) sự can thiệp từ chính quyền
- enforce (v) thi hành, củng cố
Chúc các bạn học tốt!