Được đánh giá là một trong 10 đề IELTS Writing Task 2 khó nhất 2020, đề bài này yêu cầu người viết có góc nhìn rõ ràng về các giai đoạn phát triển của một người bình thường. Mặc dù không quá khó khăn để tìm ý tưởng nhưng làm thế nào để lập luận và kết nối những vấn đề đó thành bài viết hoàn chỉnh với văn phong formality của IELTS thì lại là một vấn đề đáng lưu tâm.
Cùng đến với bài mẫu dưới đây để xem mentor của IPP ACA Team đã xử lý đề bài này ở band 7.0+ như thế nào nhé!
- TỔNG HỢP BÀI MẪU IELTS WRITING TASK 2 BAND 7.0+ TỪ IPP
- TỔNG HỢP TỪ VỰNG “HOT” DỄ ÁP DỤNG TRONG IELTS SPEAKING VÀ WRITING
- TỔNG HỢP ĐỀ THI IELTS WRITING 2021 MỚI NHẤT VÀ BÀI VIẾT MẪU BAND 7.0+
- TOP 10 ĐỀ THI IELTS WRITING TASK 2 KHÓ NHẤT NĂM 2020
- XẾP HẠNG CÁC CHỦ ĐỀ IELTS WRITING PHỔ BIẾN 2020 VÀ XU HƯỚNG RA ĐỀ 2021
Đề bài: Some people say that the experiences a child has before starting school have the most influence on their future life. Others say that experiences as a teenager, especially at school are more influential. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
With the rising prominence of human psychology studies comes the question of whether childhood or teenage experience exerts a more profound influence on one person. This essay will first elaborate on both sides before I draw my final opinion on this issue.
On the one hand, the childhood period comes into play in the formation of children’s disposition. This stems from the fact that it is these formative years when their core character traits commence to be established. In combination with their callow mindset in distinguishing between benevolence and malevolence, any external circumstances can have either a marginal or enormous impact on children’s temperament, depending on specific situations. Once these characteristics are embedded in the toddler’s mentalities at an early age, they can follow him or her all along and potentially become a permanent feature of him or her in adulthood life. For instance, facts have shown that many adult perpetrators have their criminal behaviors attributed to their sufferings from a pathetic childhood such as parental maltreatment and family separation. This has created a breeding ground for resentful attitudes in their mind, turning these children into criminals in the future.
On the other hand, the teenage experience plays its part in the establishment of a person’s fundamental ideologies. When children enter their teenage years, their cognizance has reached a new level of maturity, thus allowing them to acquire inputs from the surrounding environment more proactively. Also joining this process of ideological development is teenagers’ interaction with a multitude of ideas and viewpoints from numerous people and communities, which forces them to face the dilemma of choice when opting for what beliefs to adhere to. Their choices at this critical moment will gradually construct the set of world views and ideologies as guidance for teenagers’ future-life demeanor. A case in point can be seen in teenagers’ career choices. In their childhood, they may take a liking to a certain job just due to its so-called “fancy” reputation. However, once a teenager, they will be presented with more complex factors, both internal and external, such as self-capabilities or world trends, thus a possible switch in career orientation ensuing.
All things considered, proponents from both sides have their own grounds in their arguments. From my standpoint, both childhood and teenage times are of equal importance to a person’s future life, shifting the primary issue now to building up a proper childhood and teenage environment for the sake of optimal personal development.
– 408 words, written by Mentor from IPP ACA Team –
Từ vựng và collocations hay đã dùng:
– profound influence (n): ảnh hưởng sâu rộng
– draw one’s final opinion: đưa ra suy luận cuối cùng
– come into play (v): có ảnh hưởng
– disposition = temperament (n): bản chất tính cách
– formative year (n): giai đoạn đầu cuộc đời
– callow mindset (n): tâm hồn non nớt, chưa có kinh nghiệm
– breeding ground (n): nơi cho mầm mồng một việc xấu phát triển
– cognizance (n): nhận thức
– adhere to (v): học theo, noi theo
– demeanor (n): phong thái, cách cư xử
– for the sake of: vì mục đích tốt cho cái gì