Với dạng bài Discussion này, trước khi đưa ra ý kiến cá nhân, chúng ta cần thảo luận hai quan điểm mà đề bài yêu cầu:
– tại sao nên tập trung tìm hiểu tin tức trong nước?
– tại sao tin tức quốc tế lại quan trọng hơn
Cùng IPP đến với bài mẫu dưới đây và xem cách mentor tại IPP đạt band 7.0+ trong phòng thi IELTS nhé!
- TỔNG HỢP BÀI MẪU IELTS WRITING TASK 2 BAND 7.0+ TỪ IPP
- TỔNG HỢP TỪ VỰNG “HOT” DỄ ÁP DỤNG TRONG IELTS SPEAKING VÀ WRITING
- TỔNG HỢP ĐỀ THI IELTS WRITING 2021 MỚI NHẤT VÀ BÀI VIẾT MẪU BAND 7.0+
- TOP 10 ĐỀ THI IELTS WRITING TASK 2 KHÓ NHẤT NĂM 2020
- XẾP HẠNG CÁC CHỦ ĐỀ IELTS WRITING PHỔ BIẾN 2020 VÀ XU HƯỚNG RA ĐỀ 2021
Đề bài: Some people focus on news in their country while others think it is more important to be aware of international news. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Nowadays, our daily conversations tend to revolve around the news a lot. According to some people, we should pay attention to news in our own countries, whereas others think that international news is more deserving of our concern. While I am more in favour of the former view, both ideas are equally legitimate for reasons that will be detailed below.
For one who thinks it is better to watch news of his own country, he may opt to do so because being aware of that news is important to his livelihood. A good example is news about taxes; as taxes directly affect the income of the vast majority of people, knowing this information can help them to plan their finances in advance. News about business regulations for entrepreneurs also applies, since it is usually in their best interests to operate within the law. In addition, by paying much attention to news about our own countries, we can understand our national situation better. In fact, this is a necessity if one hopes to change the country he lives in. Someone who wants to improve women’s rights, for instance, would be reasonably expected to follow news that deals with women’s issues in his own country, such as domestic violence or harassment.
On the other hand, the arguments for focusing on stories elsewhere in the world can be just as valid. Watching international news is certainly very helpful when it comes to making an informed decision about going abroad. For example, anybody who watches reports about the severe coronavirus infection rate in Europe would know that travelling to European countries for leisure is completely out of the question. Besides, even when the state of international affairs does not directly concern us, keeping tabs on world news can prove valuable in conversations with family and friends. We can come off as very perceptive and sensible by being well-informed about global issues at large.
In conclusion, it is best if one can afford to pay equal attention to both his country’s news and international news, but if that is not a possibility, I would prefer watching news in my own country.
– 356 words, written by Mentor from IPP ACA Team –
Từ vựng và collocations hay đã dùng:
– Revolve around (v.): xoay quanh
– Opt to (v.): chọn làm một việc gì đó
– In advance (adv.): trước
– In one’s best interests (adj.): có lợi cho ai đó
– National situation (n.): tình hình quốc gia
– Domestic violence (n.): bạo lực gia đình
– Harassment (n.): sự quấy rối
– Informed decision (n.): quyết định sáng suốt
– Out of the question (adj.): không thể thực hiện, không thể xảy ra
– International affairs (n.): các vấn đề quốc tế
– Keep tabs on (v.): chú ý đến
– Come off as (v.): tỏ vẻ như
– Perceptive (adj.): nhạy bén