Ngoài từ vựng và ngữ pháp thì ý tưởng cho bài viết chính là yếu tố then chốt quyết định band điểm IELTS Writing Task 2 của các thí sinh. Hiểu được nhu cầu này, thầy Tú Phạm đã biên soạn bộ tài liệu tổng hợp các ideas hay nhất band 7.0+ cho 19 chủ đề quen thuộc trong IELTS.
Trong Phần 1 của bộ tài liệu, hãy cùng IPP đến với những ideas phải-biết để đạt điểm cao IELTS cho chủ đề Evironment & the Natural World; Society; Education & Young people nhé!
- Topic 1: Environment & the Natural World
- Topic 2: Society
- Topic 3: Education and Young people
Topic 1: Environment & the Natural World
Role of individuals in solving environmental problem
Some people think that environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Others believe individuals can also do some things to solve these problems. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– Seawater pollution, caused by the activities of large companies (e.g. Formosa, a Taiwanese steel company, dumping untreated chemical waste into the sea in the middle of Vietnam) -> should be solved by the government (not individuals)
– Global warming, which happens on a global scale -> should be solved by the international community (not individuals)
– (1) Switch from cars and motorbikes to public transport => (2) reduce the amount of traffic emissions => (3) mitigate air pollution
– (1) Recycle waste materials => (2) reduce the amount of waste which is buried underground in landfill sites => (3) alleviate soil pollution
Protecting wild animals
Some people think that a huge amount of time and money is spent on the protection of wild animals, and that this money could be better spent on the human population. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Approach: balanced opinion – Disagree
Reasons to agree:
– Wild animals conservation areas are often extremely costly to build and operate
– The government should spend an adequate amount of money on healthcare and education for citizens
Reasons to disagree:
– Maintain ecological balance/ biodiversity
– Some rare animals are of great importance to biological research / are a great source of information for biological research
Traveling to remote areas
Organized tour to remote areas and community is increasingly popular. Is it a positive or negative development for the local people and the environment?
Approach: Balanced opinion – Positive
– These tours may damage the environment. Tourist waste may threat the life of the flora and fauna in the destination
– Visitors may disturb the normal lifestyle of local citizens
– Tourists may provide financial benefits for local people and companies
– The local authorities may impose environmental tax on tourists and use this tax money to protect the environment
Topic 2: Society
Overpopulation of urban areas has led to numerous problems. Identify one or two serious ones and suggest ways that governments and individuals can tackle these problems.
– Traffic congestion (overpopulation -> a vast number of private vehicles -> high traffic density -> traffic congestion)
– Public services (hospitals, schools) are overloaded
– The government should build satellite cities and encourage citizens to move to these new cities (urban-rural migration)
– Individuals: Each family should have a smaller number of children -> reduce the fertility rate -> slow down population growth.
In the developed world, average life expectancy is increasing. What problems will this cause for individuals and society? Suggest some measures that could be taken to reduce the impact of aging populations.
– To society: there may be a shortage of human resources
– To individuals: individuals have to pay more tax to provide elderly care for the old who are susceptible to various elderly health problems
– Increase the retirement age
– Encourage families to give birth to more children (by means of providing maternity benefits, childcare allowances, free education for children)
Topic 3: Education and Young people
Governmental budget for education
Children’s education is expensive. In some countries, the government pays some or all of the costs. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages?
– Citizens have to pay more tax money so that the government would have an extra budget for education
– Some students may take education for granted, not something they must pay to receive, and do not try to achieve good academic results
– If too many students go to school at the same time, the education system will be overloaded
– Students from all financial backgrounds may have equal access to education
– Parents are relieved from the burden of paying for children’s education
It is better for college students to live in schools than to live at home with their parents. Do you agree or disagree?
Living at home
– Students may feel a sense of security because they can get family support when they suffer from illnesses
– Students and their families may save a considerable amount of money (unlike students living in schools who have to pay for their accommodation)
Living in schools:
– Students may have easy access to learning facilities such as libraries, laboratories and group study areas.
– Students may learn to live independently. This is a crucial living skill for their future.
– Students may save travelling time to school everyday.
– Students are exposed to a variety of cultures
– Students may create a network of relationships with people from various cultural backgrounds
Doing unpaid work, helping poor communities
More and more young people from wealthy countries are spending a short time in communities in poorer countries doing unpaid work such as teaching or building houses. Why? Who benefit from this, the community or these young people?
– The young do this to show the responsibility towards impoverished communities in low-income countries
– This may enable the young to acquire valuable knowledge (about cultures and languages) and skills (communication and teamwork)
Benefits are for both the community and these young people:
– The knowledge and skills the young gain from this voluntary activity may bring them a competitive edge in the job market in the future.
– Communities in developing countries may also benefit from this because they are provided with various forms of support (financial, medical and educational).
Chúc các bạn học tốt!
- Tổng hợp bài mẫu Writing IELTS Task 2 band 7.0+ từ team ACA from IPP.
- Tổng hợp từ vựng “hot” dễ áp dụng theo từng chủ đề trong IELTS Speaking và Writing
- Đáp án mẫu Band 7.0-8.0 cho 20 đề IELTS Speaking kinh điển