Trong workshop “Bí kíp chinh phục IELTS Writing 7.0+” được tổ chức tại IDP tuần trước, thầy Tú Phạm có nhấn mạnh: “Bài Writing Task 2 thành hay bại được quyết định bởi 5 phút lập dàn ý.” Đây là lúc thí sinh cần tập trung cao độ để tìm hướng đi phù hợp cho bài viết của mình và chọn lọc ideas sao cho “dễ viết” nhất, phô được nhiều lợi thế về từ vựng, cấu trúc. Đó chính là lý do thầy Tú Phạm đã biên soạn bộ tài liệu này.
Cùng IPP đến với những ý tưởng hay nhất cho các chủ đề cụ thể thường gặp sau đây và tập viết hàng ngày để không bị “run tay” trong phòng thi nhé!
- Topic 4: Energy
- Topic 5: Food
- Topic 6: Sports
- Topic 7: Technology
- Topic 8: Research
Topic 4: Energy
Exploit energy in remote places
1. The demand for energy sources such as oil and gas is increasing.
(a) Should people be looking for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched places?
(b) Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages of damaging such areas?
Should or should not:
– The only benefit is an extra supply of fuels for humans to consume
– The environmental cost is substantial: the flora and fauna (along with their habitats) will be damaged, ecological balance of the place where fuels are exploited will be disturbed
Advantages vs disadvantages:
– The benefit of having an extra source of fuels is temporary, because energy sources in remote places will soon be exhausted.
– Damage on natural habitats are often long-lasting or even irreversible, as humans could do little to restore the original status of these habitats
Increasing the cost of fuel
The best way to solve the world’s environmental problems is increasing the cost of fuel.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
It is a good way => problems that can be solved by increasing the cost of fuels
– People would switch from private vehicles to public transport => reducing traffic emissions => reducing air pollution
– Less fossil fuels would be consumed => preventing the exhaustion of fossil fuels
It is not the best way => problems that cannot be solved by increasing the cost of fuels
– It cannot solve soil pollution, which should be resolved through classifying and treating waste materials
– It cannot solve deforestation, overfishing and overhunting, which should be tackled by other solutions, such as introducing a law on the conservation and recovery of natural resources
Cutting down the consumption of fossil fuels
The international community must act immediately to ensure that all nations reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g. gas and oil.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Perspective 1: international community?
– There are problems associated with burning fossil fuels that happen in the whole world such as global warming and climate change => one single country cannot solve it
– Developing countries do not own renewable energy technology => the international community should provide less developed countries with this technology
Perspective 2: is this an urgent task?
– The rising sea level has already sunk many coastal areas and islands.
– Fossil fuel sources are already on the verge of exhaustion
– Air pollution has already reached an alarming level, leading to an increase in the number of people who have respiratory problems such as rhinitis/ sinusitis/ bronchitis/ pneumonia/ tuberculosis in big cities
Topic 5: Food
Taxing fast food
In some countries, an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
This policy is ineffective and people would still buy fast food because:
– It is fast
– It is tasty
This policy is disadvantageous to some groups of people.
– Fast food buyers (including students and average income workers) have to pay more
– Fast food restaurants will suffer, which causes some people to lose their jobs
Role of the government and individuals in ensuring a healthy diet for everyone
Some people think that the government has the duty to ensure its citizens have a healthy diet, while others argue it is the responsibility of each individual. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– It is the government’s responsibility because only the government, rather than individuals, can impose a tax on unhealthy food (fast food, or any kind of food that is high in cholesterol)
– They have to do it to reduce their medical expenses on treating patients with medical conditions and diseases related to eating unhealthy food (such as obesity)
– If people have a balanced diet, they will become healthier -> they have higher productivity -> they earn more money -> they pay more tax to the government
– Choosing a diet is a matter of personal preference (you eat what you like), not something that the government can decide
– Diets should be planned according to the specific health status and nutrition needs of each person. Therefore, each person should make decisions about their own diet plans.
Topic 6: Sports
Team vs Individual sports
Some people think that it is more beneficial to take part in sports which are played in teams, like football, while other people think that taking part in individual sports, like tennis or swimming, is better. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– Learn how to be independent
– Players may boost their determination when dealing with problems on their own
– Acquire interpersonal skills such as communication
– Learn what to do as a member of a team, which is relevant to working environment of most companies
Topic 7: Technology
Library vs computer
Maintaining public libraries is a waste of money since computer technology can replace their functions. Do you agree or disagree?
Approach: strong opinion – disagree | Reading traditional books should not be replaced by electronic books. Reasons:
– Traditional books do not harm human eyes
– People reading traditional books are not interrupted by notifications from social network applications such as Facebook
Public libraries are places that are worth visiting.
– A place when people can share their love for knowledge
– A designated place for reading experiences
Research shows that business meetings, discussions and training are happening online nowadays. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Approach: advantages outweigh disadvantages
– It is not easy for people to express themselves on online platforms in forms of body language and facial expressions so online business communication may not be as effective as traditional business communication
– Online meetings, discussions and trainings may be ruined by a poor internet connection
– Save a large amount of cost for companies
– Convenient for participants from all around the world
Technology and the income gap
The range of technology available to people is increasing the gap between the rich and the poor. Others think it has an opposite effect. Discuss both views and give your opinions.
– The increasing level of automation may lead to a higher unemployment rate, which means low-income people may earn less money than the past
– The rich may equip themselves with modern facilities, which may improve their productivity, while the poor are unable to do this
– Modern technology has created new kinds of jobs from which people from all financial backgrounds may earn money (sharing economy)
– Due to the development of the Internet, people from all backgrounds may have access to a wealth of information. As a result, poor people may gain an adequate amount of knowledge to earn money in the future
Topic 8: Research
Government vs Private Companies doing research
Scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the governments rather than private companies. Do you agree or disagree?
Approach: Balanced opinion – disagree
Some research should be conducted by the government
– Some research does not guarantee financial benefits and thus is not attractive to private for-profit companies
– Some research requires a large amount of resources that only the government can provide
Some research should be conducted by private companies
– Research is more practical because for-profit companies care about cost-effectiveness
– Research findings are more likely to be applied to the real world
Chúc các bạn học tốt!
- Tổng hợp bài mẫu Writing IELTS Task 2 band 7.0+ từ team ACA from IPP.
- Tổng hợp từ vựng “hot” dễ áp dụng theo từng chủ đề trong IELTS Speaking và Writing
- Đáp án mẫu Band 7.0-8.0 cho 20 đề IELTS Speaking kinh điển