Nguyên nhân chính khiến điểm số IELTS Writing luôn thấp hơn so với các kĩ năng còn lại là: “thiếu ý tưởng cho bài viết” hoặc “thiếu kiến thức nền nên không biết triển khai đề bài”. Nhưng cũng như thầy Tú Phạm đã chia sẻ, chúng ta nên “lật lại” tất cả các đề Writing chính thức trong 2-3 năm gần đây và phân loại chúng theo các chủ đề cụ thể.
Theo thầy Tú, có những chủ đề tưởng rất rộng nhưng thực ra đề bài lại thường chỉ hỏi một số vấn đề nổi cộm trong đó; ví dụ: hai chủ đề nhỏ phải-gặp trong topic “Business & The economy” là “Shopping malls replacing smaller shops” và “Consumerism”.
Cùng IPP đến với 5 chủ đề cuối cùng trong series “Ideas band 7.0+ cho 19 chủ đề quen thuộc trong IELTS Writing Task 2” và take note lại những ý tưởng hay để dùng ngay vào bài thi sắp tới nhé!
- Topic 13: Health Care
- Topic 14: Media
- Topic 15: Tourism
- Topic 16: Modern life
- Topic 17: Business & The economy
Topic 13: Health Care
Prevention vs treatment
It is more important to spend public money promoting a healthy lifestyle in order to prevent illness than to spend it on the treatment of people who are already ill. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Approach: Balanced opinion – Agree
Treat ill people:
– Healthy is a basic human need
– Some illnesses are extremely dangerous for the patients themselves as well as the whole community (in case of transferable diseases)
Promote a healthy lifestyle:
– It is more cost-effective. Treating serious diseases such as cancer is costly
– If a healthy lifestyle is widely adopted, people may become healthier not only physically but also mentally. They may therefore live a happier life.
– In countries where medical care is paid by individuals rather than the government, the act of promoting a healthy lifestyle may relieve local people from the financial burden of paying for medical costs in case of being diagnosed with a serious disease
Topic 14: Media
Stories on the news
The media should include more stories which report good news. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Approach: balanced opinion – agree
Negative stories are necessary:
– They reflect how the real society is, with both positive and negative aspects
– Those who are exposed to too much good news may become naïve and underprepared when they encounter bad people in their life
– They promote a positive way of life, in which people treat others kindly
– They help people relieve stress and alleviate other negative emotions.
Topic 15: Tourism
International tourism creating tension
Nowadays, international tourism is the biggest industry in the world. Unfortunately, international tourism creates tension rather than understanding between people from different cultures. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Approach: Balanced opinion – Disagree
It creates tension in a few aspects:
– Ways of life of visitors may disturb local lifestyles i.e. foreigners may drink alcohol and sing out loud at night
– If there are too many tourists from a country, they may make a place become different from how it was before, which may lead to a negative attitude towards international tourists among local people
It engenders understanding:
– The more people are exposed to a different culture, the more they are likely to understand it
– When two groups of people start to understand each other, tension may be defused, leaving a place for even deeper understanding and harmony
Topic 16: Modern life
Life in the city
People living in large cities today face many problems in their everyday life. What are these problems? Should governments encourage people to move to smaller regional towns?
– Traffic congestion
– Higher cost of accommodation
Governments should encourage people to move to regional towns. Reasons:
– Lower traffic density in cities -> solve the problem of traffic congestion
– Lower demand for housing in cities -> lower accommodation cost for citizens
Modern lifestyle and family relationships
In many places, people’s lifestyle is changing rapidly, and this affects family relationships. Do you think the advantages of those developments outweigh the disadvantages?
– People are more active on the internet -> they communicate more easily with other family members, which may strengthen family relationships
– People travel more today -> they can visit their family more often
– People are busier with their work -> they spend less quality time with their family
– People are more likely to live alone than with their family than in the past
Topic 17: Business & The economy
Shopping malls replacing smaller shops
Large shopping malls are replacing small shops. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
Approach: balanced opinion – negative
– At a shopping mall, people have more choices
– Services in a large shopping mall are often more professional than in small shops
– People see a diversity of products -> they are stimulated to make more purchases at shopping malls -> some purchases can be unnecessary
– The development of shopping malls means less benefits for owners of small shops and small local businesses
These days, people in some countries are living in a “throw-away” society which means people use things in a short time then throw them away. Causes and problems.
– The appearance new products, which makes the old ones obsolete
– Because of economic development, people now earn more money than in the past and are willing to pay more money
– The prevalence of advertisements on all media channels, which stimulate people to make more purchases
– Due to a high level of automation and the economies of scale, products are increasingly affordable to customers
– A waste of resources / the overexploitation of natural resources
– Industrial waste may damage the environment
– Set a bad example for children, who may no longer appreciate what is given to them
Chúc các bạn học tốt!
- Tổng hợp bài mẫu Writing IELTS Task 2 band 7.0+ từ team ACA from IPP.
- Tổng hợp từ vựng “hot” dễ áp dụng theo từng chủ đề trong IELTS Speaking và Writing
- Đáp án mẫu Band 7.0-8.0 cho 20 đề IELTS Speaking kinh điển