Topic “Music” đã xuất hiện hai lần trong năm 2020 và đều được đánh giá là “khó nhằn”, nhưng vẫn chưa thấm vào đâu so với đề Writing task 2 hôm 13/03 tại Trung Quốc. Chủ đề trừu tượng, ý tưởng khan hiếm, từ vựng hạn chế – phải làm thế nào đây khi đề bài này được nhập khẩu về Việt Nam?
Phòng bệnh hơn chữa bệnh, cùng IPP đến với bài mẫu band 7.0 dưới đây và xem mentor tại IPP đã “vật lộn” với đề thi này thế nào nhé!
- TỔNG HỢP BÀI MẪU IELTS WRITING TASK 2 BAND 7.0+ TỪ IPP
- TỔNG HỢP TỪ VỰNG “HOT” DỄ ÁP DỤNG TRONG IELTS SPEAKING VÀ WRITING
- TỔNG HỢP ĐỀ THI IELTS WRITING 2021 MỚI NHẤT VÀ BÀI VIẾT MẪU BAND 7.0+
- TOP 10 ĐỀ THI IELTS WRITING TASK 2 KHÓ NHẤT NĂM 2020
- XẾP HẠNG CÁC CHỦ ĐỀ IELTS WRITING PHỔ BIẾN 2020 VÀ XU HƯỚNG RA ĐỀ 2021
Đề bài: Music has always been and continues to be the universal language of mankind. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
– Introduce the topic of “Music has always been and continues to be the universal language of mankind”
– State our agreement
Paragraph 1: Music lets people communicate without needing a common, understandable language
– Music can convey feelings to people -> the wedding as an example
– Music can inspire feelings in people -> a musical theme from a movie as an example
Paragraph 2: Music lets people communicate before having the ability to understand language
– Give examples from a pregnancy therapy
– Repeat or summarize the answer
Music has undoubtedly existed for as long as human civilization has. In fact, for this reason, it has been considered by some to be the common language for people across the globe. I agree with this point of view for music’s ability to allow people all over the world to express their thoughts and emotions, despite any language barrier.
The aforementioned ability initially stems from how music conveys and inspires feelings in people. In a wedding, for instance, there is no better way to express the bride and groom’s joy on the day of their union than playing uplifting love ballads. Meanwhile, in plays and movies, different musical themes can subtly influence how the audience is supposed to feel toward a given scene or a character, without requiring verbal exposition. An example that I can think of is the unforgettable Imperial March theme that plays when Darth Vader is present in Star Wars – when people hear this soundtrack, they would immediately know that Vader is a powerful, somber and fearsome individual, regardless of the viewers’ culture.
Furthermore, music can be understood and positively influential even when the ability to comprehend standard language is out of the question. One of the more well-known prenatal therapies involves introducing babies to the melodies of classical music while in the womb to soothe their brains and stimulate neural development simultaneously. Playing music this way is also considered a way for the expectant mother to communicate her love and hope to her unborn child.
In conclusion, music is a perfect medium for mankind to be in touch with each other. It is why I wholeheartedly support the view that music has been and will always be our universal language.
– 295 words, written by Mentor from IPP ACA Team –
Từ vựng và collocations hay đã dùng:
– stem from (v.): xuất phát từ, bắt nguồn từ
– convey (v.): truyền đạt
– union (n.): sự hợp nhất
– uplifting (adj.): tươi vui
– subtle (adj.) -> subtly (adv.): ngầm, tế nhị
– exposition (n.): sự giãi bày trong tác phẩm nghệ thuật
– somber (adj.): u ám, ảm đạm
– fearsome (adj.): đáng sợ
– out of the question (adj.): không thể xảy ra
– prenatal (adj.): tiền sản
– soothe (v.): làm dịu
– expectant (adj.): đang mang thai