Tiếp nối series “Tổng hợp ideas band 7.0+ cho 19 chủ đề quen thuộc trong IELTS Writing Task 2”, thầy Tú Phạm tập trung vào các vấn đề mang tính xã hội cao hơn như “có nên chuyển các công ty về vùng nông thôn hay không”, “xu hướng kiến trúc của các tòa nhà hiện đại”… Để giải quyết tốt những vấn đề như thế này, thí sinh cần có nền tảng kiến thức đúng và đủ, hoặc đơn giản hơn, sử dụng ngay bộ tài liệu dưới đây.
Cùng IPP đến với 4 chủ đề quen thuộc tiếp theo và tham khảo thêm những ý tưởng hay cho các đề bài “khó nhằn” này nhé!
Topic 9: Transport
Punishments to improve road safety
The only way to improve safety of our roads is to give much stricter punishments for driving offences. What extent do you agree or disagree?
Approach: Balanced opinion – Disagree
This is a good way. Reasons:
– This deters people from committing driving offences as people are afraid of strict punishments
– Offenders are discouraged from committing their offences again
It is not the best way. Other solutions are better:
– Road safety should be taught at school as a compulsory subject
– The mass media should spread images and videos of victims of traffic accidents, should may have a greater deterrent impact than stricter punishments do
Topic 10: Work and Study
Qualifications vs Experience
Nowadays, some employers think that formal academic qualifications are more important than life experience or personal qualities when they look for new employees. Why is it the case? Is it a positive or negative development?
– Academic qualifications are often a reliable proof of one’s ability
– Some jobs such as researchers and professors require a high level of academic knowledge, which is often reflected by qualifications
– The act of choosing an employee based on their qualifications may save a great amount of time for recruiters, while personal qualities can only be demonstrated if a candidate comes to an interview or work as a trainee
Positive/ negative: negative
– Qualifications given by some schools are unreliable. E.g. name of any bad school in your country
– Some recruiters may overlook applications of potential workers who may not have decent qualifications
Working and traveling in the gap year
Some students prefer to take a gap year between high school and university, to work or to travel. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
– Travel => acquire social and cultural knowledge
– Work => gain working experience and skills (teamwork, leadership etc)
– Some students may choose not to go back to school after the gap year -> they may lose the chance of acquiring a degree and academic knowledge in the university level
– Students who choose to take a gap year may fail to recall the knowledge they learned at high school when they enter university
Topic 11: Homes & Urban planning
Architecture of new buildings
Some people think that newly built houses should follow the style of old houses in local areas. Others think that people should have freedom to build houses of their own style. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
– maintain the uniformity of the architectural style of the whole neighbourhood, making the area look special, attracting tourists. E.g. Hanoi
– save architectural design cost
– Each individual has their own different purposes/ needs when building a house
– Old houses may not be as convenient as houses built according to modern architecture
– Old houses may not be as energy-efficient as new houses (people may install solar panels on the roof of modern houses)
Intended use vs outward appearance
When designing a building, the most important factor is intended use of the building rather than its outward appearance. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Outward appearance is important. Reasons:
– A building may attract more visitors when it has an attractive outward appearance
– People love a building with an attractive appearance for aesthetic reasons
Intended use is more important. Reasons:
– Each individual has their own different needs, so the outward appearance should be designed according to these needs. E.g. if the house owner prioritises energy saving when designing the house, they may install solar panels on the roof.
– If the owner prioritises outward appearance, the consequence might be that their houses are inconvenient to live. E.g. In Hanoi, many villas owners want big sculptures in front of the main door, which takes up a large amount of space, reducing the living space
Moving companies to the countryside
Traffic and housing problems could be solved by moving large companies, factories and their employees to the countryside. Do you agree or disagree?
Approach: strong opinion – agree
This solves traffic problems:
– People migrate to the countryside -> fewer private vehicles in big cities -> lower traffic density in big cities -> relieve traffic congestion
This solves housing problems:
– People migrate to the countryside -> a lower demand for housing in big cities -> lower housing prices for citizens of big cities
Topic 12: Art, Culture & History
Local vs International Literature
Some people believe that it is more important to teach children the literature of their own country than other countries. Do you agree or disagree?
Approach: balanced opinion – disagree
Literature of their own country
– It is an important means of educating children about their own countries’ culture and history, which may instil in these children a sense of patriotism
– Teaching children about their own country’s literature may help them develop their writing skill in their mother language
Literature of other countries
– It is a way of broaden children’s knowledge of other cultures, which is essential in today’s context of globalisation
– This may stimulate children’s curiosity about other countries
Governmental funding for art & culture
Some people think the government funding should not be used for supporting art and culture, while others think supporting cultural activities may be beneficial for the population and the culture. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
– Cost a large amount of money (building museums, monuments etc)
– Money should be spent on other fields (education, healthcare, environmental protection)
– Promote tourism. Local people may benefit from providing tourist services for visitors.
– Preserve the national culture
Art vs technology
In today’s world of advanced science and technology, we still greatly value our artists such as musicians, painters and writers. What can arts tell us about life that science and technology cannot?
What science and technology cannot tell people
– Even the latest appliances of science and technology such as robots and even AI cannot imitate human emotions
– Machines function based on logic and a set of programmed principles and never sympathise or empathise in the way that humans do
What arts can tell people
– Pieces of art (paintings, songs, novels) can reflect how people feel and the emotions of the painters, song writers and writers.
– Art can inspire people to live a better life / can instil in people a sense of humanity
Chúc các bạn học tốt!
- Tổng hợp bài mẫu Writing IELTS Task 2 band 7.0+ từ team ACA from IPP.
- Tổng hợp từ vựng “hot” dễ áp dụng theo từng chủ đề trong IELTS Speaking và Writing
- Đáp án mẫu Band 7.0-8.0 cho 20 đề IELTS Speaking kinh điển